Hair Donation Information
Anyone can cut your hair! We encourage all of our donors to go to a salon they are already familiar with to ensure their comfort when donating.
Guidelines for Acceptable Donations
Locks of Love is not a manufacturer of any type of hair replacement system or hair care product. As a charity and strictly a charity, we purchase the custom prostheses we provide free of charge to our recipients.
- 10 inches measured tip-to-tip is the minimum length that can be donated.
- Colored or permed hair is acceptable. If you are unsure whether your hair may be accepted or not, you may send your hair with the understanding that our manufacturer determines the viability of all hair donations.
- Hair cut years ago is usable if it has been stored in a ponytail or braid.
- Any hair not bundled in a ponytail or braid cannot be used. This includes hair swept off the floor or shaved without being bundled.
- Dreadlocks cannot be used in our children’s hairpieces. Part of the preparation to blend hair donations together involves combining individual strands of hair. All hair must be able to be combed to separate these individual hairs.
- Layered hair should be divided into multiple ponytails.
- Curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum 10 inches.
- Shorter hair will be separated from the ponytails and may be sold to offset the manufacturing costs. Although the shorter hair cannot be used in the hairpieces, if sold, it greatly helps to reduce costs.
- Gray hair may be sold to offset the manufacturing costs.
- Because Locks of Love creates custom hairpieces for each child, we cannot use donations of wigs, falls, hair extensions, or synthetic hair.
All hair donations must be mailed to:
Locks of Love
234 Southern Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33405-2701
Important: When mailing your donation, please make sure that you are sending it with adequate postage.
The U.S. Postal Service has notified Locks of Love that many donations are being sent without enough postage, and these packages will be returned to sender. To ensure adequate postage, please take your donation to your local post office.
The Hair Donation Form is not required to donate hair. If you are having trouble downloading or printing the Hair Donation Form, simply provide your name and address on any sheet of paper and include it with your donation. Please provide your email address if you wish to receive your “thank you” via email.
Become a Volunteer
Download our Locks of Love Registration Packet to organize your own event or become a participating salon! Locks of Love fundraising events are held on our behalf all over the United States. If you would like to organize an event in your area, please download the registration packet and submit your information via mail or fax to (561) 833-7962.
Locks of Love is always looking for volunteers to open mail and enter data. Individuals as well as groups such as Church groups, Mitzvah projects, high school clubs, girl scout/boy scout/brownie troops or ANY group looking for a community service project.
If you are from Palm Beach County, FL and would like to donate your time at our office between the hours of 8:30 – 4:30pm Monday through Friday, please call (561) 833-7332.
Help Us Help Others
Tell your pediatrician or dermatologist about Locks of Love. Or, if you know a child who needs our help, please contact us with the name and address of the family. We will send an application.
You can make a donation via check or credit card. We gladly accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Locks of Love is a 501(c)(3) organization and all financial contributions are tax-deductible. Please print out the following Contribution Form (PDF) and send by fax, mail, or email.
Mail Your Donation
Locks of Love
234 Southern Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33405
Fax: (561) 833-7962
To make an online donation to Locks of Love, visit our financial donations page.
We are grateful to all of our donors and their corporations who help to support Locks of Love through matching gift programs. If you are submitting your contribution for a company match, please either include the paperwork with your donation when it is mailed into Locks of Love, or simply let us know via email that a donation has been made and a company match is being requested. This greatly helps Locks of Love to align your gifts quickly and efficiently. Thank you!
Locks of Love is a non-religious, non-political, not-for-profit entity. Further, we do not take positions or align ourself with any special interests. Any event taking place as part of a religious, political or any other special interest group does not reflect the views or opinions of Locks of Love.
It is Locks of Love’s mission to promote the well-being of children through our program of providing hairpieces. All events and fundraisers held on behalf of Locks of Love should uphold and reflect our mission.
LOCKS OF LOVE COMMITS TO ALL RECIPIENTS ON A LONG-TERM BASIS, ALLOWING THEM TO RECEIVE CUSTOM PROSTHESES, EVERY 2 YEARS UNTIL THE AGE OF 21. BECAUSE OF THESE EXTENDED PROMISES, OUR CURRENT FINANCIAL OBLIGATION IS MANY MULTIPLES OF OUR ANNUAL EXPENSES. CURRENTLY, WE HOLD IN UNRESTRICTED FINANCIAL RESERVES APPROXIMATELY 8 TIMES THE ANNUAL EXPENSES OF 2021, ($647,975) $7,148,692. WHILE THE NUMBER DOES NOT MEET THE CURRENT FINANCIAL OBLIGATION TO OUR CHILDREN, OUR GOAL IS TO FULFILL OUR PROMISE OF SUPPORT UNTIL EACH CHILD REACHES THEIR 21ST BIRTHDAY.